1. Who is responsible for managing my information?
This website is managed and operated by Smith & Nephew Healthcare Pvt Limited of 501B-509B Dynasty Business Park, Andheri Kurla Road, Andheri (East), Mumbai – 400059, India ("we" or "us").
2. What information do we collect?
We may collect the following personal information about you:
- We may ask you for information if/when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you may choose not to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
This site is not intended or designed to attract or be used by children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information via this site from visitors in that age group.
3. Where we store your personal information
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
4. What do we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with better service. We will not be able to provide an effective service without obtaining your personal information. For example we use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To contact you for technical issues and other security announcements.
- To send promotional mailings from us or any of our channel partners.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have not opted out from receiving such information.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- For research and analytical purposes, aggregation, use of anonymized data and Traffic Data (for example to undertake comparison analysis as to the effectiveness of our services).
In addition we may make full use of all information acquired through this site that is not in personally identifiable form.
5. Who may you share my information with?
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Smith & Nephew or Smith & Nephew India or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Where we outsource certain services to our service providers who support our business, including without limitation webhosting and IT support services, in which case we will require such third parties to treat your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice.
- Disclose information about you as required by law, to enforce this Agreement and to preserve our rights.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have adopted reasonable security practices and procedures. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. For example:
- We limit employee access to client information to those who have a business reason to know this information.
- We maintain policies and procedures covering the physical security of workplaces and records.
- We use technological means (such as backup files, virus detection software, encryption, firewalls, and Secured Socket Layer technology) to protect against unauthorised access or alterations to customer data.
7. How long will you hold my information for?
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner. Where you request that you receive no further marketing communications from us, Smith & Nephew may retain your details on a "suppression list" to ensure that no marketing communications are sent.
8. What about links from your website?
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates, as well as independent third party websites and services. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
9. What marketing information might I receive from you?
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We would like to send you offers and promotions which we believe will be of interest to you by email, by phone and/or by post.
If you prefer not to receive promotional information from us, you may opt out of receiving our promotional communications by following the instructions below.
To opt out, please let us know by an email addressed to email@example.com or by writing to us at Smith & Nephew Healthcare Pvt Limited, 501B-509B, Dynasty Business Park, Andheri Kurla Road, Andheri (East), Mumbai – 400059, India. Please be sure to include your full name and the email address in the same format you used when you registered with us. If you ask us to remove your name and address from our promotional lists, we may maintain your contact details in our “do not contact” list to ensure that we can honour your request. Note that it may take up to 4 weeks to process your opt out request during which time you may continue to receive communications from us.
10. How can I obtain the personal data you have about me, and can I correct it?
You may request details of all personal information which we hold about you. A small fee may be payable.
We want to make sure that the information we hold is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to correct or remove information that you think is inaccurate for which no fee is applicable.
To receive more details about the personal information we hold about you or if you believe that information we hold about you is not correct please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Who can I contact if I have queries about this privacy notice?
Please contact the business team responsible for our site using the contact information on the site or in section 9 and 10 above.
Last Updated: May 2016